Chemical toy safety consultancy
As well as providing chemical safety assessments by product or material, we can also work more closely with clients who have specific requirements.
This could be assisting the client with the development of processes and procedures to capture the required information for the product technical documentation, involvement at an early stage in the product development process, assisting with a technical issue that is difficult to resolve or giving advice on the correct safety warnings for the product. Our aim is to build relationships with our clients and understand their products in order to provide a service tailored to your exact needs.
Types of project we have carried out for manufacturers
- Design and implementation of realistic testing plans for products across different markets.
- Failure analysis and process improvements for a formulated product.
- Detailed review of a new craft line including safety recommendations, product marking to satisfy the CLP requirements, and suggesting alternative substances to improve the product and reduce the risk to the user
- SVHC and RoHS risk analysis for an electrical toy
- Negotiation with market surveillance to avoid a recall when a product has been found to fail a chemical test
- Independent review of clients’ own chemical safety assessments
- Efficient solutions to chemical compliance issues
- Increased confidence in the safety of products placed on the market
- Cost savings resulting from a focused approach
- Unbiased technical advice allowing the client to decide on their own chemical testing policy
- Qualified assistance when ‘things go wrong’